Designed by teachers for teachers, My Reviewers is a suite of web-based tools and resources
- that help teachers and students save time while providing more effective feedback on student writing
- that help teachers incentivize peer review by facilitating the process by which instructors view and grade reviews
- that help writing program administrators mentor graduate students and design effective, scaffolded writing assignments
- that help schools and universities prepare accreditation reports and improve retention and student success.
Developed at the University of South Florida, instructors have used My Reviewers to assess over 100,000 essays. In addition, students have used My Reviewers to conduct over 20,000 peer reviews. Writing Program Administrators have used My Reviewers to mentor teaching faculty and research peer review, teacher and student commentary, and the development of student writing and reasoning from a longitudinal perspective (see research).
Invitation to Pilot My Reviewers
Currently, the University of South Florida team invites instructors and writing program administrators to use My Reviewers for free on a trial basis. During this piloting stage, we can only host a limited number of users so we ask that you describe your writing program/course (see Instructors > Get Started and/or Contact).
Free Textbooks for Users
Users of My Reviewers may adopt any of our ebooks, free of charge:
- Network, Collaborate, Compose: New Media Writing in the Digital Age (Suitable for Composition 1 courses)
- Rhetoric Matters (Suitable for Composition 2/research and argument courses)
- Writing Commons (Suitable for composition, business writing, and research writing courses)
USF’s First-Year Composition program was awarded the Writing Program of Excellence for 2011-2012 by the Conference on College Composition and the National Council Teachers of English, 2012. In giving its award, the Committee praised the development of My Reviewers:
The University of South Florida’s “First-Year Writing Program” has an innovative My Reviewers tool that allows for faculty and students to see feedback across time.